The data tables in the SEPEM database are organized into three categories:
The different types of data tables are protected by different access levels: raw and standard data tables are visible to and can be copied by all users; user data tables are only visible to the user who created them. Actions that modify data tables are only allowed on user data tables, by the creating user.
- raw data tables: these are the original data as retrieved from the internet, after some pre-processing and meta data formatting;
- reference and standard data tables: further processed data which have been constructed during the SEPEM project (e.g. the
- user data tables: data tables created by users with the tools available on the server.
On this page, a raw or standard data table can be copied into a user data table for further processing. After selecting the source table, the page reloads with additional options and selections:
Once all selections have been made, press any of the
- Time range: by default, all records in the source table are copied. The time range of the copied table can be restricted by altering the time range input boxes, which default to the start and stop dates of the source table.
- Description: a text field which will be used for annotation.
The name of the new table is generated by the server and will be of the form
- Column selection: by default, all columns in the source table are copied. Columns that are not needed in the new table can be removed by unticking the respective check boxes.
Copy Table buttons to start the creation of the new table. Once completed, the new table will be available for all models that require a data table. An entry is also added on the current user's
My SEPEM page.
Last modified on: 14 December 2018.