The SEPEM server provides access to a variety of spacecraft data and to
processing and modelling tools. This page provides the rules of use. All use of the SEPEM server implies knowledge of and agreement with the terms and conditions on this page.
The user registration process involves two steps:
- submission of user information on the
- evaluation of the registration request by the project managers, which will be communicated by e-mail; on acceptance of the registration request, the user is granted access.
Terms and conditions
Any usage of the SEPEM server implies knowledge and acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
In case of serious suspicion of non-compliancy with the terms and conditions, access to the service could be terminated.
- Neither ESA nor BIRA-IASB and its subcontractors nor the model and data providers can be held
responsible for the contents or the content accuracy of this site. It is
the user's responsibility to verify that the provided data are appropriate for his/her application.
- Any attempt to hack or damage the service in any way will result in immediate removal of the user account, and may result in legal action.
- Users should consult the help pages before using the implemented models or tools.
- Proper reference of the SEPEM project and server in any publications and communications making use of results (textual, graphical, or background information) obtained with or from the SEPEM server.
- The user is not allowed to transfer his/her credentials to other parties.
The SEPEM server provides a variety of help pages, including background material, system help and information on data sources and data processing. All help pages can be reached using the links in the right-hand menu of the main window.
The site map provides a table of contents for the models and tools implemented on the system.
The Context help link (and the icon at the top of each page) points to a help page for the model or tool page currently active in the main window. Please consult these pages before using the system!
The SEPEM server has been built with ease of use and security in mind. A number of verification processes have been implemented to prevent as much as possible improper (whether intentional or not) usage of the system. As a consequence, the following actions may trigger an error message from the server:
Error messages are displayed in a red bar at the top of the page.
All error conditions are monitored by the server administrator. The system may throw additional error messages, due to operational errors beyond the control of the user (e.g. bugs in processing scripts). These will be addressed by the developers if and when they occur.
- Using the navigation tools of the web browser (back, forward, reload etc. buttons and shortcuts) will be interpreted as illegal access attempts. Please use only the navigation links and buttons provided on the pages.
- Manually entering URLs will result in an error message.
In addition to error messages, the system may also display warning messages in orange bar at the top of the page. These messages indicate that the user input for a model or tool is invalid or inconsistent, or that the requested operation cannot proceed. In this case, the input parameters should be modified in accordance with the warning message.
Finally, after successful completion of model or tool requests, a notification can be displayed in a green bar at the top of the page.
Last modified on: 5 November 2018.